Larry Enright

Larry Enright

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Am I Working on a Sequel?



A question many have asked (if you count 3 as many). I am indeed working on a sequel to Four Years from Home. After kicking around some ideas and writing two semi-failed attempts over the last year, I am well into the next sequel try - a kind of sequel to the third power.


Some I have discussed the process with feel that writing a sequel is as simple as this:



But I have broken down the actual process into three steps and dramatically visualized it here for you:

1. Implanting the seed.
2. Hatching the idea.
3. Living with the gross.




But, in the end, it is the writer who must be happy with the effort and the results, and the writer who must at all times keep in mind that no matter how good something is there will always be critics.



2 comments:

Chris said...

(Trying to write this without spoilers.) I've really grown quite attached to Harry Ryan in "King" and "Buffalo". I hope your sequel can do something about the things that befell him in "Four Years".

Larry Enright said...

That is the story of the sequel, Chris, if it works out the way I've planned it this time.